Wednesday 4 May 2011

A new blog, a new beginning

I don't know if The Imaginary Review is still listed in anyone's RSS feed/Google Reader/whatever. Heck, maybe there's a group of die-hard fans somewhere who check back every day, hoping, begging, praying for some more hilarious made-up nonsense from the mind of the Imaginary Reviewer.

Well, if they are, I have good and bad news for them.

First, the bad news: It's been over a year now since I posted my last Imaginary Review. I've thought about restarting the blog and I've tried coming up with new ideas, but to no avail. What started out as a labour of love became a chore and with other commitments it just fizzled out. I think it's time I stopped procrastinating and formally ended it; that's what I'm doing here.

But now, the good news: I have a new blog. It's so similar to the Imaginary Review that it's practically plagiarism. Hell, in some cases I have plagiarised the IR. It's called Fake Obituaries, and it lives here: http://fake-obituary.tumblr.com/. As you may have guessed from the title, I write obituaries for people who never existed. I'm trying to update every day, and right now there's 40-odd entries. So if there's anyone out there in the great wide world who misses the Imaginary Review, you could do a lot worse than check it out. And if you're already a member of Tumblr, follow me.

Finally, I want to say thanks to everyone for the support, the laughs and the friendship I received over the course of writing The Imaginary Review. It was a good time, and I met some really great people, and found some really excellent writing. So thanks to you all, and good luck!

19 comments:

Hunter said...

Nice. I grabbed the RSS. Looking forward to giving it a read.

BeckEye said...

Well, I would follow you to the ends of the universe, you know that.

Gwen said...

Your imaginary obits make my lunch hour feel like three. Aces!

Mr London Street said...

You are one of the few defunct bloggers I miss. (actually there are a lot of active bloggers who are defunct to me, and I don't miss them!)

I really don't like the Tumblr format but I will pop over and have a look. I'd still love to read you writing something which isn't imaginary, as I think you have too much talent to limit yourself in that way, but you might recall I've said that in the past.

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Hire a man and van Bootle

Unknown said...


Thank you so much. And check Our Small Business Loans solution to get your business approved more faster.
Real Estate Investors
Property Investors

Minhaz Hosen said...

If Your Interest to grow your website or business, You can See Our Services Click Now

Bearded Dragons said...

Are you love bearded dragon? Follow This blog For More Information praying mantis for bearded dragons

Motiur said...

If you online site daily online products . You may like our zarsbuy for your good living.

Ebutify said...

Best AdSpy Tool on market. Follow our ausome Feature. Ebutify AdSpy Tool help you to grow your dropshipping site

shoikot said...

We are a startup eCommerce Company in the United States, a bunch of talented professionals in the team. Merilmart company established in 2020 in the state of Washington.

shaki said...

Great post Family Office Singapore

shaki said...

Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article Thanks for giving us this useful information. Fantastic walk - through I appreciate this post Singapore Citizenship

Minhaz Hosen said...

Nice Post

Minhaz Hosen said...

Minhaz Hosen
https://minhazhosen.com

Minhaz Hosen said...

Difference Between Roller Skates And Roller Blades

Minhaz Hosen said...

Nice Information, Thanks. I also write article like this, Difference Between Roller Skates And Roller Blades

Minhaz Hosen said...

Nice Information, Thanks. skates

Unknown said...

Excellent and crucial post. Thank you for the lovely post. Come to our website for the greatest designs.Please go to our website.
Iqbal Bhuiyan