Tuesday 20 May 2008

We Interrupt These Reviews and Letters to Bring You a Viral Story

I was recently tagged by p0nk in a viral story meme by Splotchy. If that sentence made no sense to you, check out this link here for the dilly-o, then come back. The story so far is as follows:

***
I had been shuffling around the house for a few hours and already felt tired. The doorbell rang. I opened the front door and saw a figure striding away from the house, quickly and purposefully. I looked down and saw a bulky envelope. I picked it up. The handwriting was smudged and cramped, and I could only make out a few words.
***
"Interesting", I thought to myself, "I don't know anybody named Ted Kaczynski." Unless it's going to clear this damn sinus infection in my head, I'll have to open it later.I set it on the kitchen table, and prepared my tincture of herbal tea remedies.
***
As I watched the lengthy glossop of honey slather into my tea I heard a rustling noise behind me. Having spent my childhood in a rotating house (due to some awkward foundations) I am quite adept at craning my neck and utilised this skill in the current situation, looking behind myself like a six-foot-tall owl.

The envelope - so stationary seconds before - had started to move, an event that I found somewhat odd, given that I was four days away from celebrating a year of sobriety. I picked up the nearest implement of swatting size without thinking, and slowly approached the bubble-wrapped delivery.

The envelope continued to shuffle and shake as I stood poised with the potato masher held in readiness over my head. A small bead of sweat edged down my temple, hitting the floor at the same time as a lump of congealed potato from my weapon. There was a tearing sound, and I froze, unable to move, as a disembodied hand broke through my mysterious delivery. I blinked, and the thumb and forefinger of the hand formed a mouth.

***
I will tag the following people to (hopefully) continue the story. I hope my contribution was worthwhile. Incidentally, every blog mentioned in this post is worth checking out. Please do so.

Jillian
Falwless
Mathdude

6 comments:

Feisty Democrat said...

I will give it serious consideration. You do realize, I'm a math person, right? My high school sophomore English teacher gave me 5 F's on the 5 creative writing assignments. They were essentially in the style of my blog.

Splotchy said...

Zoiks! Nifty spin on the thread.

Thanks for being infected.

Falwless said...

But I'm scared.

Jillian said...

I am honored, sir. Equal to the task. : )

p0nk said...

well done!

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Mathdude: Believe it or not, Math was my best subject in high school, too. Only we call it 'maths'.

Splotchy: Glad I could be of service.

Falwless: I have faith in you! You can do it!

Jillian: Looking forward to seeing where you take it!

P0nk: Thanks!